»

Grim Curios Flickr pool

Why not go and add your own foreboding photos from around secondlife???

Friday 31 July 2009

A grim new arrival to SL...

Grim greetings and welcome to our blog!!
Grim Curios has sneaked into secondlife while no one was looking and now it's scratching at your door...
I'm Keri and don't worry too much Grim Curios is just another SL store selling virtual items you don't need but you just have to have :P
I have been in secondlife for a long time now and I figured it was time I did something more than shop for cool gadgets and clothes, so I decided to try my hand at my very own store.
Which is great - but being me I wanted to be that little bit different.....
One of my secondlife hobbies is hitting that search window and seeking out the most unheard of places with the hope of finding that little gem of a build that makes my jaw hang open, and I've decided I want to share these well kept secrets with you.

My reasoning behind this little venture is that way too many people spend their secondlives hanging out in gaudy shopping malls and strip clubs and never get to see some of the amazing creator content that SL has to offer.
So yes Grim Curios IS a store BUT it's a store with a difference - we are interesting in selling our products but we are also interested in what YOU the genius creators have to offer too!!

So what the hell am I talking about??
Well here's the plan.. Keri likes to wander around the darker places of SL so firstly the places you will hear about will be of the ...shall we say... more sinister type.
So that being said I will Clearly mark each post with *mature* *PG* or *Adult* - The place name (obviously) and the names of the creators.
Now I'm far to random and unorganised to say I will post a new place each week or month so I'm afraid you will have to check back often if you want to read the posts as I'm guessing I will just post each time I find somewhere good enough to tell you about. I will however send out a brief update each month via the Grim Curios Subscribe-o-matic, so if you want that update get yourself to one of the stores and click that subscribe board.
Also I have a group you can join - but if you are one of these who hates random group chat be aware that I don't hate it and actually don't see the point of having a group if no one in it ever gets to know each other....after all part of secondlife is about making new friends right?
Spammers however will be kicked with the first pathetic group IM if you want to advertise your place send me a message so I can come and visit and if your lucky you'll get a review posted here to tell everyone how cool it is :)

So in short - yes I may post about new items in store. I may post about random things in SL that get on my nerves, but mostly this blog will be about where you can go in SL to get you out of those sleezy strip joints and tacky malls and get you appreciating some of the amazingly talented builders and what they have achieved :)

I hope you enjoy ....in a grim kind of way...

Keri
x

0 comments: